[G4] Backing up hard drive

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Sun Nov 5 06:15:08 PST 2006

I'm trying to help my sister (long-distance) replace the hard drive in
her Gigabit Ethernet.

Tech Tool Pro 4 reported 869 bad blocks in a surface scan of her Western
Digital WD400BB 40GB hard drive.  She has an external USB drive that's
at least 40GB, so I'll have her format that, back everything up onto it,
and then take it out of the external case and use it to replace the
Western Digital drive.

How can she back it up so that, after putting the replacement drive into
the Mac she can just boot directly from it?

Thanks!
--
Rich