[G4] Backing up hard drive

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Sun Nov 5 07:10:26 PST 2006

That's a great tip, Michael.  I didn't know that you could do that!  THANKS!!

I have an external drive to which I back up changing files automatically every morning (around 3 AM) using ChronoSync.  It is not the only backup package; there is Retrospect, for example.  It is just the one that I happen to have used for several years.  But, the idea is that things that are subject to change (Documents, Preferences, Applications, my download folder, etc.) are backed up without manual intervention on my part.

Then, every so often, especially when a major system update comes along, I re-clone my startup drive to the external backup using CarbonCopyCloner.  Maybe I will try the "Restore" function in Disk Utilities, just to see how well it works for me.

--Steve