[G4] power supply upgrade

Thomas Brooks mos125 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 12 18:06:17 PST 2006

Probably not nearly as simple as he makes it seem. Check here for
information on issues with replacing one power supply with another.

<http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/tips/MDD_ps_mods/MDD_PS_Mods.html>

My G4 Sawtooth with 1.2 GHz upgrade, 2 hard disks 80gb & 160gb, ati
8500 video card running just fine with original power supply.

My only bad experience was when I originally installed a faulty OWC
upgrade card everything crashed and I was out of business for two
weeks. When I returned original for a PowerLogix processor it was truly
plug and play.

Tom

###