[G4] sending mail from OSX Mail App

kris kriss at pobox.mtaonline.net
Sun Nov 12 21:21:21 PST 2006

Lets see if I understand you correctly. Your Internet service is
provided by Quest. However Quest will not provide you with an email
account? (I would think that very odd). And you have yet another
third party Internet provider, through whom you do have an email
account?

If I understand you correctly as stated above. Then you can of course
receive mail with your third party ISP mail server. However to send
email you will need to do so through your Quest mail server. But they
are not providing you a server? Ok, then you must return to your
third party ISP and tell them Quest does not provide you with a mail
server. And so you must use the third party's mail server instead and
they need to allow relaying on their server from the Quest domain for
your account with them. Good luck with that happening.

The problem is not Apples Email client your using and there is no
setting to help you out. Since all responsible ISP's refuse relay
access through their servers. And since Quest doesn't provide you a
mail server on their domain, then your kind of stuck if the third
party won't allow you to relay or if Quest won't allow you access to
their mail servers. So you have a few solutions that are possible.

	A) Use a web mail interface provided by your third party ISP for all
of your outgoing mail.

	B) See if your third party has an IMAP server you can use instead of
a SMTP mail server

	C) Install your own mail server and purchase a static IP along with
a domain name.

I hope I understood your problem clearly

Kristen