[G4] Re: Safari bookmarks and mail boxes in Mail?

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Wed Nov 22 18:16:40 PST 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 10:56 AM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:35:44 -0600
> From: "Hector I. Macedo" <hecmac at comcast.net>
>
> This questions  may be somewhat off topic, but here they are.
> On my QS 800, I was having many problems with the system, so I
> reinstalled 10.4 with the  archive option, so my previous system is
> still in the application folder. I want to recover the bookmarks from
> Safari and the mailboxes from Mail.  Where would I go to retrieve them?

The Archive and Install should not have disturbed the Home folder, and
all your bookmarks and mail should still be there and useable.  But to
answer your question as to where things are:

In your Home folder, go to Library, open the Safari Folder, and there
you will find your bookmarks.  For your mail, as long as you were
running Mail in 10.4, and not 10.3 or earlier, you will find all your
mail and its settings in the Mail folder, again in your Home folder,
Library.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.