[G4] re:ADAPTEC 2906 SCSI-PCI card.

Peter Birren peter at birrendesign.com
Sun Nov 26 13:33:37 PST 2006

From: james grant tyner

> any thoughts specific to the '2906'

I got the AVA-2906 SCSI card installed when my G4/450x2 was ordered. It's
worked flawlessly, driving not only an external CD/RW but an internal 9GB
drive I rescued from a PowerMac6100... plug and play.

This is my first post to this group. By way of introduction, I'm a graphics
guy running Quark4.11, Illustrator9 and Photoshop7 through OS9.2.2.

The box is a G4 with dual 450's (Gigabite Ethernet - "Mystic"), 1.25GB RAM,
30GB+9GB HD's. Got a 100GB internal drive not yet installed as I need a new
PCI card for the 40-pin connector. Or maybe I'm confused as to the physical
connections; stuff isn't cast in stone yet. Read through about 2/3 of the
archives and - thanks to all - found many answers to questions I haven't
thought of yet. To partition or not... problems others have encountered...
and lots more. Nice thing is I've got a MacGeek friend who lives nearby but
I hate going to the well too often.

OS9 has been very, very good to me. I break out in cold sweats thinking
about moving to OSX but have resolved myself to its inevitibility. Gonna
make the switch over the Christmas slowdown so I'll have at least a full
week to get it all working.

Thanks, all.

- Peter Birren
  http://www.birrendesign.com
  hang glider pilot, amateur astronomer... heck, amateur everything