[G4] sleep vs OFF question

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 27 00:43:54 PST 2006

On 27/11/2006 12:22 PM, "Ray Clayton" <ramar.clayton at verizon.net> wrote:

> I've recently upgraded to OS 10.4.8. What's the current thinking on
> turning the computer off at night as opposed to putting it to sleep?

Ray,
The Apple recommendation throughout OS X is that you leave the computer on
unless you will not be using it for more than a couple of days. The system
is designed for a certain amount of automatic first aid which is scheduled
to occur in the wee hours after 3 in the morning. So not only 'can' it be
left on, but it is beneficial to do so. There are a number of threads on
this topic in Apple Discussions, and those with expert knowledge generally
recommend following the Apple advice.

Tony Johansen
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art