[G4] External Drives Not Mounting

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 17:49:02 PST 2006

There are NO silly questions!

But yes I have two cables and the same drive works
fine with the almost identical G4 I have at work (it
is firewire powered). Also works fine with my wifes
Intel iMac (how come they get the new Macs?)

This is obviously a problem with the G4 design, since
so much has been written about its "solution". I'd
like to focus on the question of how one re-builds the
firmware. When it was all just in a ROM then I think
it was bomb-proof, but when it's in FLASH....

John