[G4] External Drives Not Mounting

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Tue Nov 28 11:49:09 PST 2006

Well, it is possible that the "bridge" that converts the data traffic from the drive (usually an Oxford ship set) may have been incompatible with the G5.  I forget the numbers now, but I *think* the older Oxford chip sets were 911, and the newer ones 912, but I could be way off on the numbering.  And, if you had a combo FS/USB drive enclosure, it is likely that the chip set was not even an Oxford.

Just a SWAG, mind you, but maybe a tad better than a shoulder shrug!

--Steve