[G4] should I install OS X on G$ (400MHz)?

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 17:32:17 PDT 2006

On Oct 16, 2006, at 1:55 PM, John Niven wrote:

> I'm still at 10.3.9, but my wife has 10.4 on her new
> (Intel) iMac. I was wondering if I should get Tiger
> for the rest of the "house" macs (B&W G3, G4 12"
> PowerBook, and G4 AGP tower).
>
> Does anybody else support the opinion that Tiger is
> good for older Macs?

Each release has gotten faster independent of the underlying hardware
and it's configuration. Most people will find that any two or three of
the new features in Tiger justify the upgrade cost. Taken as a whole
it makes little sense to run anything other than Tiger - IMHO.

Are you aware that Apple sells a 5 license Family Pack for $200?

Phil