[G4] Tiger - single or family license

Les Berkley wogears at fast.net
Sun Oct 22 09:16:55 PDT 2006

Hi!

"Legality aside", as you so delicately put it, you can install Tiger (or
Kittycat, or whatever) on a hundred computers from the same disc. Apple, as
opposed to Microsoft (Adobe/Wintel, etc.) has no activation system. Don't
know if this is wise on their part, but I love it. People give me older
Macs, with licensed copies (usu. Jaguar or earlier) of the OS, but no system
discs. I can, in good conscience, reformat the HD and install 10.2 or
whatever the original system was from one copy.

Not to mention that I can totally alter the hardware gestalt without having
to call Microsoft. (In fairness, I have had to do this a few times with XP
boxes, and MS was friendly and fast in getting things sorted out.)

Les
G4, 400 (AGP) 10.3