[G4] Any reason not to upgrade to 10.4.8?

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 15:05:42 PDT 2006

On Oct 22, 2006, at 2:54 PM, Aaron wrote:

> I'm presently running 10.4.6 on my G4 Dual MDD 867. I remember there
> was some reason -- problems I read about -- for not upgrading to
> 10.4.7.. What about 10.4.8? Does it introduce any problems?
>
> If it matters, I have a couple of ATA cards (133 and 66) and a USB
> 2.0 card installed.

Very few people have problems with any Apple dot.dot release. (Of
course those who do are often quite vocal about the fact.) My advise
is to run disk check and fix permissions, back up, and then upgrade
with the combo upgrader. If you run into a problem roll back using the
backup. Your other choice is to wade through all of the comments at
sites like macintouch or macfixit to see if anything scares you off.

Phil
--
"Those who would deny liberty to others do not deserve it themselves."
-- Abraham Lincoln - 1859