[G4] Mail Problem X.4.8 Mail 2.1

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 26 15:03:44 PDT 2006

Wayne,

I can't help you with Mail and .Mac but one thing that I would recommend is to back up your Mail database in another email application.  Mail databases are prone to getting corrupted IMHO and I do this.  What I generally do now is to export my messages as mbox text files and import them into Thunderbird.  I would recommend something similar for anyone that needs to protect their messages.  When I was using Claris Emailer I backed up to eMA but eMA doesn't handle my current application.  Taking the trouble seems to almost guarantee no corruption and vice versa.

S. Kennedy