[G4] MPEG DVD play problem

Joe Dundovic jodun at usinternet.com
Fri Sep 1 19:26:40 PDT 2006

I find I cannot play an MPEG DVD in the original DVD/CD player of my
G4 Sawtooth running OS 9.2.2.   Does anyone know what kind of
software is required?  My CDs and regular DVD movies play perfectly.
The MPEG movie I am trying to play was burned by a friend with a PC.

I have these extensions:  QuickTime MPEG4  and  QuickTime MPEG
Extension but they don't do the job.  When I try to open the disk I
get the message that  "it could not be opened because a software
component needed by the movie could not be found"  Any help will be
appreciated.

Joe Dundovic
jodun at usinternet.com

*