[G4] Instructions on re-installing myOS9

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Tue Sep 5 19:52:20 PDT 2006

On Sep 5, 2006, at 3:26 PM, nagable at comcast.net wrote:

> From: Fabian Fang <ftf at mac.com>
>> On Sep 5, 2006, at 8:12 AM, Chris wrote:
>>
>>> I recently installed OS 10.3 and now I need to install Classic. I
>>> inserted the disk but it reads that I do not have a system folder.
>>> Can anyone instruct me on the process so I can run both operating
>>> systems on my computer?
>>
>> Here is a short Apple Support document on Classic installation:
>> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86775>
>>
>>> And I do not know anything about how to make a partitian if that is
>>> required. I will await instructions. Thanks  cp
>>
>> Go to Applications --> Utilities --> Disk Utility --> Help Menu, and
>> search for "partition."
>
> Partitioning is not required to install OS 9.  Besides, you can't
> add one without erasing your hard drive.  It's one advantage PCs
> have.  "They" use partition magic.  I don't think there's anything
> like it available for a Mac.

I believe that the original poster asked for assistance on two
separate issues, Classic installation and hard drive partition, and I
tried to be helpful.

Yes, you can resize hard drive partitions on Macs without
reformatting.  I have done it with Drive Genius from Prosoft
Engineering.
<http://www.prosofteng.com/products/drive_genius.php>.

Fabian