[G4] Mac Pro: My Verdict

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Fri Sep 8 13:38:51 PDT 2006

On Sep 8, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Sims David wrote:

>> Though the majority of my running Apps are Universal, I did opt to
>> keep Word and Excel (from office 2004) and they actually run
>> faster via rosetta than they did natively on the G5.  I am
>> expecting an additional gig of RAM today, but I don't know that
>> it's really necessary (of course I'll put it in though).
>> Verdict:  The Mac Pro is a HUGE advance in the ease and power of
>> the Mac.  I even like the mighty mouse--I didn't think I would.
>> This is about the best investment that I've ever made.  Get a Mac
>> Pro!
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> --
>> Tim Collier
>>
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for the "verdict". How does it run the Abode apps
> compared to your previous G5?
>
> David
Well, I didn't want to over-stress it, so I purchased Adobe Elements
4.  I have Photoshop CS2 but I didn't install that on there.
Elements runs just fine.  For graphic Manipulation I also have
iPhoto, Aperture and GraphicConverter.  The last 3 are all Universal,
so they run fast.  I'll wait for Adobe to put out the upgrade to a
Universal upgrade to CS2 before I put that back on.  Sorry I couldn't
be more help.  Elements runs FAST!, faster than the old G5.

--
Tim Collier