[G4] Installing a modem in my g4

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 15 13:18:10 PDT 2006

On 15-09-2006 17:03, Brandon Sternburg, happyhlaut at yahoo.com, wrote:

> On
> closer examination i believe the model may not be a g4
> digital audio it may be a agp model. I think this is
> the case because my video card has only 16mb vram :(.
> it waould also explain why there is no modem included.

I don't believe that seeing your audio-ports. Besides that the DA/533 with
single processor came with 16 MB VRAM. To find out for sure:
Go in the SystemProfiler and look for your Serial Number. Then go to:
<http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html>,
fill in your Ser.Num. and you will find all about your Mac (even the week of
production, haha!)
And don't worry, the page is in dutch and in english as well.

HTH,

Jo Hissel