[G4] MiniMac or G4 Upgrade

Richard Northouse rnorthouse at wi.rr.com
Fri Sep 22 06:26:12 PDT 2006

Rich,

If I upgrade, which one do you recommend for my G4,733MHz quicksilver?

Tim Collier sez:
> Upgrade!  The video on the Mini is 'shared'.  Especially if you use
> Photoshop, you won't like it!  Not to mention that none of those apps
> have been released in Universal format yet.  I have a MacBook which
> shares the 'shared video' in common with the Mini.  I won't use this
> for more than email and web browsing.  I originally transferred
> Office to it from the iBook that I upgraded from and was disappointed
> by the performance of Office under Rosetta.

Interesting.  I didn't know about the shared video.  Does this mean that
it uses system memory for video instead of having dedicated video RAM?

--
Rich

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff: