[G4] Safari vs. Firefox

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 29 12:02:35 PDT 2006

I have been a long time Safari users but always kept an up to date version
of Firefox on in the Applications folder for the pages Safari could not
display.  This morning I happened to check my AT&T Yahoo finance stock
profile with Firefox and noticed something I have never seen with Safari.

There was a little On/Off button in the upper left saying "New Streaming
Quotes" and by default in the latest Firefox is it ON.  The display was
really cool showing live trades on the stocks in my profile.

I then opened Safari and the on/off button is not displayed and the page was
the old static display that you have to manually refresh every few minutes.

Anybody know how to activate streaming data in Safari?

Dick