[G4] System Preferences Update

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Fri Apr 13 11:30:32 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Dan if you pull up the System Preferences... and click on "Startup
Disk" do you see a choice for OS 9?
If not there isn't a valid OS 9 system folder.

On Apr 13, 2007, at 10:17 AM, Dan A Currie wrote:

> B G wrote:
>
>> Before you trash anything try some disk repair.
>>
>> Onyx, Applejack and others with run the maintenance scripts, repair
>> prebinding etc.
>>
>> you can also use the Apple Disk Utility to check and repair the disk
>>
>> Hopefully that will help.
>>
>> BG
>
> Tried the 3 finger restart and the Option restart with the same
> result.  The smiling Mac comes up but the the computer restarts itself
> and OS 10.2.8 comes up.
>
> No joy with Applejack ... it keeps telling me that there is an error
> and it will not install the program.
>
> Next!!
>
> Dan

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC