[G4] System Preferences Update

Dan A Currie dancurr at frontiernet.net
Fri Apr 13 12:25:35 PDT 2007

Harry Freeman wrote:

> Greetings ( + )!( + )
>
> Dan if you pull up the System Preferences... and click on "Startup
> Disk" do you see a choice for OS 9?
> If not there isn't a valid OS 9 system folder.

That is the problem ... now how do I tell it to open up with either the
OS 10.2 or OS 9 Install CD so that I can erase that disk and reinstall?

Every time I use OS 9 and the C or X keys it just keeps restarting  with
the smiley Mac and when I use OS 10.2 all I get is a gray screen.

I have been to the artnum 58042 on my computer but until I can get the
FrankenMac to recognize something I am stuck and rapidly losing hair!!

Now I know the true meaning of "Catch 22"!!

Got to go to work will check back after 11PM

Dan