[G4] Seagate drive

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Mon Apr 16 14:00:39 PDT 2007

On 04/16/07, Charles Schneider <schneidr at umich.edu> wrote:

> It does work.......

Not much information to go on. What works? AFAIK, when you install a HD into a
computer that  doesn't have the BootROM that supports 48-bit LBA when they are
connected via anATA controller, all you'll see is 128 GB or less, unless you
use some software work-around such as described at
<http://www.speedtools.com/ATA6.shtml#Q5>, wherein they even state "Without
this software installed, any extended capacity drive which is connected to the
native ATA bus on older Macintosh models will be limited to only 128 Gigabytes."