[G4] upgrade suggestions plus

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Sat Apr 21 22:46:21 PDT 2007

IMHO:

Cable is faster than DSL

Direct connect via Ethernet cable (CAT 5 or higher) is faster than wireless.

Wireless is backward compatible (i.e., 802.11g or b will run on an 802.11n router).

You could upgrade the SuperDrive if you wanted to for about $50., but i don't think it's necessary.

Intel Duo Core processors are MUCH faster than G4s.

Any contrasting opinions?

Nate

From: rcbuitron at speakeasy.net