[G4] Re: MDD no start, grey screen, no bong

Technophobic_Tom at comcast.net Technophobic_Tom at comcast.net
Thu Apr 26 11:11:11 PDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:08:06 +0000, Nate wrote:

>Unplug the machine, open it up, take the battery out.  Press the PMU
>button (I use the eraser part of a standard wooden lead pencil) and
>hold it down for a second or so--you may hear a very faint click.
>Wait about 15 minutes, then put the battery back in (check the
>voltage again first).  Close it up, plug it in, then try again.

As I stated, I've done that..."I've tried every possible combination
of PMU and battery antics that I've seen on the forums and that I can
matrix." I unpluged the 120 AC, took out the battery, let it set over
night, pressed the PMU, came back hours latter, replaced a new
battery...nada. I've also done the same with all external cables
remove including the mouse and keyboard...nada. I've done that with
the video card removed as well...nada.