[G4] Upgrade to USB 2.0

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Fri Aug 17 10:01:13 PDT 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Pat I don't understand what "old" has to do with anything, I'm "old"
too, been working on computers for more than 40 years, I would
recommend that you get something like the "Adesso 4-Port Powered Hub
Mini Hub" because the devices that you connect to the Hub will not draw
power from your Mac. platform. which is important because the more
power the you use from the Mac. the shorter the life expecentancy of
your Mac. system. And if something happens to the "Wall-Wart" they are
easy and cheep to replace.
Below is Overview of the Adesso Mini Hub and you can obtain one from
http://www.pcuniverse.com/product.asp?pid=62800&m_id=32 for $6.41 each
plus $6.98 shipping.

Adesso offers USB Mini 4-Port powered mini hub. This hub supports both
high-speed and low-speed devices. Its ports are reliable at up to 4,5 m
of transmission. Downstream ports have automatic connect and speed
detection function plus over-current protection with auto recovery. Bus
fault detection will automatically reset device. The hub supports
bus-powered and self-powered mode.

Don't worry if it doesn't state that it's for a Mac. the USB standard
is a IEEE regulated standard and all platforms that state that they run
USB must meet the standard.

On Aug 17, 2007, at 8:32 AM, Pat Smith wrote:

> Please be patient with my newness.  I'm old.   I'm using OS 10.4.10 on
> my dual processor tower, and trying to find the most optimum economic
> means to upgrade my USB to 2.0 with power sufficient to run my new web
> cam. please help.

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC