[G4] which Quicksilver

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 21 06:32:35 PDT 2007

On 21-08-2007 14:35, thekirkline1941 at verizon.net,
thekirkline1941 at verizon.net, wrote:

> I purchased my G4 in May of 02. I would like to install a large HD, 500gb if
> possible. How do I determine if my model can handle this size HD? I purchased
> it from MacMall. I suppose it could very well have been manufactured before
> 2002.
> Thanks.

Very simple. Look for your Serial Number (NOT Model No etc.!!). The Ser. No
always has 11 characters. You can find it in the System Profiler or on the
sticker with a barcode on your Mac. Then goto:
<http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html>
and enter your Serial Number. Don't be afraid, it's a Dutch site but in
English also.

HTH,

Jo Hissel