[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 36, Issue 14 - larger than 128MB HD's

Mark McLain mmclain9 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 20:55:26 PDT 2007

On 08/21/07,  <thekirkline1941 at verizon.net> wrote:

> I purchased my G4 in May of 02. I would like to install a large HD, 500gb if
>possible. How do I determine if my model can handle this size HD? I purchased
>it from MacMall. I suppose it could very well have been manufactured before
>2002.
Your answers begin here: http://www.lowendmac.com/macdan/05/1024.html
and here: http://helpcenter.owc.net/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=9&id=
Both links also point to sellers/resellers for whatever option(s) you decide on.
Also,  ebay can be a source for 'used' PCI cards for your Power
 Mac,  saving money if you feel up to Do It Yourself upgrades!!
Enjoy reading the list and answers!

Mark McLain
Lead Electrician, APSU
mclainm at apsu.edu