[G4] Leap in to Leopard on SP <801mhz?

O'Brien obgraph at hiwaay.net
Wed Dec 5 06:35:45 PST 2007

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:52:07 +1100, chx wrote:
> If Leopard runs at least as well as 10.4.11 on my QS800 then it'll
> be worth upgrading.......

This was discussed on the OSX group. As I understand it (according to one or two people there), it runs just fine on slower Macs. One said they were running it on a 450. But, evidently, it can't be installed on these Macs from the install DVD (I guess, Apple doesn't want you to do that.) It must be installed on a faster Mac and transferred to the slower one using Firewire/target mode. (I haven't done this myself.)

O'Brien