[G4] RE: Sawtooth sudden power failure!

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 15:39:16 PST 2007

I recently replaced my motherboard battery. I did this in an effort to see
if I could get my monitor to work again. I felt that it might be one
approach to troubleshooting a few subtle problems that I was beginning to
encounter. One problem was my system couldn't be awakened from sleep unless
I pushed the power button on the tower itself.

Ultimately my monitor needed to be replaced. However my sleep problem is now
back to normal. I couldn't remember if I had ever replaced my motherboard
battery and so after seven years I felt that it couldn't hurt to replace it.
What surprised me was how much the battery itself cost. It was about $25.00.

Bill