[G4] G4 Internal Modem

DeeZer Picture-Your-Cat at Newsguy.com
Thu Dec 20 10:20:29 PST 2007

Thursday, December 20, 2007
10:09:16 AM

Hello All!

I have DSL connection to the Internet using AT&T as my service
provider.  For reasons too complicated to explain, I periodically
need to use the internal v.92 modem in my Mac G4 Mirror Door to use
dial-up.

Using FreePPP, I make the switch from an Ethernet connection to using
FreePPP and the internal modem, but find that I am never, never able
to successfully connect upon my first effort.  However, with rare
exception, I am able to connect with my second dial-up  effort.

After some wait, I get an error message indication that I am not
using the proper ID/password with my first dial-up effort.  Doing a
re-dial (without making any changes) I do get connected.

I suspect the problem is either with my initialization string:

AT&FW2&C1&D2&Q6&K3S7=60

or my settings for flow control.

Later,
DeeZer