[G4] G4 DA 533 question

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Fri Feb 2 03:41:34 PST 2007

Todd Naber wrote:
> Hello Fellow PowerMac G4 owners,
> I'm using a PowerMac G4 Digital Audio 533 and was wondering if anyone
> knew if there ever was a add-on drive/card that could be inserted into
> the front of my G4 (instead of the zip module) that allowed for media
> cards? I remember something like this was available/rare, but can't seem
> to find any info. Any help would be great,
> applguy

I saw pictures of a G4 with a media card reader as you describe in an
eBay auction a few months ago, but I don't know the details.  I think it
was a standard PC card reader, though, to fit a 5 1/4" drive bay.  You'd
need one of the PC card reader with a cable that's routed out back
through the PCI cover plates to the rear USB ports, though.  A lot of
the internal PC card readers plug into pins on the motherboard, and I
don't think you'd be able to use one of those.

--
Rich