[G4] Browsers

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Sun Feb 4 12:08:26 PST 2007

At 11:46 -0800 2/4/07, Brett George wrote:
>512MG + 256MB +128MB = 896MB
>>
>>How do you get to 7/8ths of a full Gig? 896 MB is an odd number, in my mind. Just a curiosity!

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix>
<http://www.physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/prefixes.html>
<http://www.physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html>

Computer gurus think 512 is a half, 256 is a quarter and 128 is an eighth. It's a good thing they don't handle my finances.  When they count they don't include their thumbs.

And a MG must be on a planet that has 512000000 times the gravity of Earth.

--
--> Marriage and kilo are troubled words. Turmoil results when centuries-old usage is altered in specialized jargon <--.