[G4] Browsers

Margaret Krakowiak imago at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 4 21:05:13 PST 2007

I actually started the DVR thread, and then asked about browsers,
keeping the same "re:" subject header.

Anyway, I've been heeding the browser discussion, and I've downloaded
both Opera and Camino to test out. I'm finding Safari to be very
sloooow.
How much memory should I give it? Do you allocate memory in OSX?

  I'm still a newbie to OSX, and I'll probably hold off till spring to
upgrade from
what I have, which is 10.2.8. I've spent all my $$ on the internal 250
gig hard
drive, adapter card, and yes (John), I did get an external firewire
drive too.
Do I have to partition it to put both 9.2.2 and 10 on it? I've already
backed
up a bunch of stuff on it and don't want to initialize it if I don't
have to. It's HFS
extended. I probably should get some more memory, as I have 768:  two
128s
and a 512. Can my machine use more than a gig? (dual G4, gig ethernet
model?)
I have one slot open. What's the memory max on this machine with X?

Lastly, my DVD superdrive. When I use the eject key on the keyboard,
the tray slides out and stays, I can take the disk out and put another
in. But the old
disk image stays on the desktop, if I click on it it disappears, but
the new one doesn't
mount. If I drag the disk to the trash to eject it works as it should.
I can live with this,
but find it a little odd.

margaret