[G4] Need for Partitioning for OS9

Margaret Krakowiak imago at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 12 06:47:47 PST 2007

jj and John B, thanks for the reply.
Then what I've done should be fine - I have OS9 on
a separate partition, and can use it as boot and Classic.
And I plan on putting both on my FW external drive too.
It's true, once I get the swing of X, I probably won't be using
9 much anyway. My main apps are X compliant. So far my
only real loss is my drawing tablet, which was ADB that I had
working with an imate adapter, which no longer is supported in X.

Here's a kind of dumb question, but it's unclear to me in reading
the directions in disk utility: it says I can't use disk utility to
repair
the disk I've booted from, makes sense, but what about for repairing
permissions, which is something that I never did in 9, and seems to
be something done regularly in X. Can I repair permissions from the
drive I'm booted from?

margaret, still getting up to speed.