[G4] cannot read cds burned on new cd/dvd drive

hec hecowan at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 18 13:39:48 PST 2007

hello,

recently i had a lacie porsche cd/dvd drive installed on my mdd dual
867 with os 10.4.8 and now cannot read the data cds i made with it.
i have tried burning with toast lite 6.1, disk utility and finder.  i
get the same result (-61) - that i cannot open the files on the disk.

i have tried recording with dvds and get the same result.

the get info says that i do not have read/write permissions for the
disk.  i am the sole user of the machine and all the programs and
documents show that i have read and write persmission.

the original combo drive that came with the machine recorded without
any problems during it's lifetime.

i am not particularly skilled technically and want to be able backup
my files.  can anyone tell me what i can/need to do to be able to use
my new drive.  lacie has not been helpful so far.

thank you,
hec