[G4] can't save to partition

Margaret Krakowiak imago at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 20 08:31:30 PST 2007

I recently installed a new hard drive and upgraded
to OS X. I had partitioned the drive into three partitions,
one for X, one for 9, and one for my graphic files/scratch.

I am frustrated because I can't seem to save files to any
partition other than the one where X resides. First of all,
when I was installing Photoshop (or any program so far),
I only had the option of installing it to my X partition. Ok.
But worse is when I am using Photoshop and go to save
a file, I am only given the option of saving it to the X partition.
Not only that, but when I have PS open, and use the "open file"
menu, I can only access files on the X partition. The only way
I can open files on another partition (or drive, I have 2 others)
is to  drag and drop them into the program. This is driving me
crazy, what am I missing here?

margaret