[G4] can't save to partition

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Wed Feb 21 17:43:07 PST 2007

On 02/20/07, Margaret Krakowiak <imago at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I recently installed a new hard drive and upgraded
> to OS X. I had partitioned the drive into three partitions,
> one for X, one for 9, and one for my graphic files/scratch.
>
> I am frustrated because I can't seem to save files to any
> partition other than the one where X resides. First of all,
> when I was installing Photoshop (or any program so far),
> I only had the option of installing it to my X partition. Ok.
> But worse is when I am using Photoshop and go to save
> a file, I am only given the option of saving it to the X partition.
> Not only that, but when I have PS open, and use the "open file"
> menu, I can only access files on the X partition. The only way
> I can open files on another partition (or drive, I have 2 others)
> is to  drag and drop them into the program. This is driving me
> crazy, what am I missing here?

Not enough information. Which computer, which OS X? How many internal HDs? Did
you install OS X on the new HD? What kind of HD, internal or external? Where
did you hook it up, internally or via FireWire/USB? Did you format the new HD?
Which format? If internal, did you properly set the jumpers? Details are
invaluable.