[G4] G4 450 Harddrive Question

O'Brien obgraph at hiwaay.net
Mon Feb 26 05:45:52 PST 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 05:33:07 -0800 (PST), Rob Marles wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how many drives the controller will support in a
> G4 "Sawtooth" AGP PowerMac (I think I've described the model right,
> has a Gigabit Ethernet card as well)
>
> Will any IDE drive work (ie an old 40gb Western Digital pulled from my PC?)

The stock model will accommodate two internal drives. There is space inside for at least two more drives, but you must add a PCI card to plug them into.

AFAIK, your old PC drive will work fine. (I've never done this, so am not certain.)

And you can add external drives (Firewire or USB), of course.

Brien O'Brien