[G4] G4 450 Harddrive Question

Celia Lawton-Livingstone lawli56 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 01:17:09 PST 2007

<snip>
Plug your serial number in here
>to find out for sure:
>http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

thanks for the link I confirmed my Mac is a:

Name: Power Macintosh G4 (PCI Graphics)
Model: Mxxxx PowerMac G4 400MHz
Bus speed: 100MHz
Factory: CK (Cork, Ireland)

Unfortunately the hdd died, so it's now got a 40gb maxtor and I can't
restore the OS, so I just put Xubuntu Linux on it (alternative CD) as it
only has 192mb Ram, until I can get hold of a retail copy of OS 9 and some
more Ram... I'm out of PC100... I'm waiting for some autions to come up on
eBay.  At least it seems to working fine OK anyway.  I had it surfing quite
happily last night.  I'd very much like to know more about the chip
architecture.  I'll probably see if I can dual boot it once I get OS 9...
just because I can.  LOL

Is it possible to upgrade the cpu on this? And what about the graphics card?

Celia