[G4] G4 450 Harddrive Question

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 12:58:21 PST 2007

--- Richard Klein <rich at richardklein.org> wrote:

> Why the heck do simple answers to Mac questions have
> to include jabs at
> MS?  That drives me nuts!

You may disagree, but it was the windows OS I was
comparing unfavourably with OSX. I actually paid real
money for the MS Office suite. Plain and simple, I
like my productivity apps to have a menu bar on the
top of the screen and like to be able to open multiple
files all over my screen so I can compare them.

My gaming sons have screaming fast PC's that we built
together. They have to use XP. No choice. My companies
computer services people only want to support one
choice - the same one they always make. Where else in
life are our choices so restricted.

> My experience is different.  My Athlon XP 2500+ at
> home and the 2.8 GHz
> Pentium 4 (both running Windows XP) are both clearly
> faster than my 933
> MHz Quicksilver 2002.

I'm not stupid enough to claim that my 350MHz G4 runs
benchmarks as fast as the latest PC hardware, but for
what I do with it, I have a better experience with
OSX, and am more productive. Even if I have to wait a
second longer for something to open.

John