[G4] Re: iBook hard drive

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Mon Jan 1 06:54:33 PST 2007

On Dec 31, 2006, at 7:19 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:00:55 -0800
> From: "R. David Poehner" <davesplace2 at mac.com>

> I am an American living in Budapest for a while. I have a G4 iBook
> with the 30GB hard drive. My hard drive is full. In order to choose
> what to delete I would like to find some software that shows what is
> taking up space on the hard drive.

Without adding new software, you may find it useful to look at your
major folders in list view with the size option checked.  For example,
open the hard drive window.  Click on Applications.  Select the List
View in the upper left corner or find that in the View menu.  In the
View menu, select Show View Options.  Click the boxes for Size and
Calculate All Sizes.  Back in your Applications window, click at the
top of the Size column and perhaps click there again to bring the
largest sizes to the top of the column.

You may need to also look at your Applications folder in your Home
account in case you or someone installed applications there which would
not appear in the hard drive window.

Al Poulin