[G4] Re: Adding Drives to G4 AGP Graphics Model

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Wed Jan 3 08:45:46 PST 2007

Greetings ( + )!( + )

The first hit you will get on "Google" (after the paid hits) when you
enter "3rd hard drive mac g4" is titled "How to add a THIRD internal
ATA hard drive to you G4, How to add a THIRD internal ATA hard drive to
your G4 By Ben Bryant ... 3) Mac original ATA drive and first
additional ATA drive ..."

However as a shortcut you can click on this link;
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/install_third_ata_drive.html and
it will take you directly to the information that you are looking for
to add the 3rd disk to your G4

On Jan 3, 2007, at 6:45 AM, Slip Kid wrote:

> On 12/31/06, shopdog at mac.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how many internal hard drives I can add to an AGP
> > > Graphics G4 model, and how I would go about doing that?
> > >
> > > I have added one drive (on top of the included drive), and there
> > > seems to be room for at least two more, but I'm not sure how to add
> > > more.  Where do I get brackets?  Where do I attach the brackets?
> Is
> > > there enough power supplied by the power supply?  Will the fan cool
> > > the drives adequately?
>
> John Baltutis:
> "Read your Setting Up Your Power Mac G4 manual. It's all described
> under
> Installing Internal Storage Devices. If you don't have the manual,
> download a
> copy for your machine at...."
>
> Me:
> Do read manuals.
>
> Also seek advice in forums. The brains here know it 'all' & more...
>
> EX: The Setup Manual for my G4 GE did not indicate the option to 'add'
> a 3rd HD by using the Zip channel.
> No, it's not perfect & one must weigh 'the loss' of the Zip drive
> versus an additional HD.
>
> But, I found that out in this forum & not in the manual.
>
> Bon chance!
> PS: There are neater and larger manuals floating around.
> Act helpless, a sekrit note may appear.
> (And don't blab about it)

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC