[G4] Internal Hard Drive compatibility for AGP

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 3 16:07:53 PST 2007

Since you already are aware of the size limitation and assuming you
do not want to go to a larger drive support setup(either hardware of
software driven).  You can use and drive that is IDE compatible
expect to pay around .50 a gigabyte, you can do better if you look
for sales and rebates.

I like to use Dealmac (http://dealmac.com/).

But any of the price search engines are good. Nextag, pricewatch,
streetprice, pricescan, etc. There are lots of them

The prices change almost daily on drives sometimes the office supply
stores have deals.

Look for something in the 80- 160 Gb size range and expect to pay
around $30 to 80 for them.

The best prices are the  7200 RPM with a 8 mb buffer drives.

I personally like Seagate or Maxtor drives myself, have had almost no
failures over the years.

Brian

G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM