[G4] Switching internal optical drive to external case

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Fri Jan 12 04:02:49 PST 2007

Thanks for all the replies!  We've tried resetting the PRAM before, and
I put a fresh battery in it before I sent it to her.  It shouldn't need
Patchburn.  It's running OS X 10.4.8 and the DVR111 shows up as a
supported drive when it shows up at all.  Besides, it doesn't recognize
pre-recorded discs, either; this isn't just a problem with burning.  And
the drive worked fine before I shipped it.

Some time this year I'll take a vacation and go visit her, but hopefully
the firewire case will get the drive working until I can get down there.

--
Rich