[G4] MP3 Drivers?

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Sat Jan 13 09:01:49 PST 2007

On Jan 13, 2007, at 7:05 AM, Richard Klein wrote:

> Tony Johansen wrote:
>> On 13/1/2007 11:02 AM, "Dan A Currie" <dancurr at frontiernet.net> wrote:
>>     My daughter was given a FAST TRAX MP3 player for Christmas.  My G4
>>     will turn it on but I do not seem to be able to get beyond the
>>     "waiting " symbol on it.
>>     Does anyone know anything more about this annoying little USB
>> device
>>     ... ?
>>     If you do get past this stage you will likely find other problems
>>     anyway. Although I see lots of claims in forums that mp3 players
>> are
>>     all just as good as iPods and that iPod success is due to
>> marketing
>>     on the part of Apple, most of us have discovered that the iPod is
>>     actually the one mp3 player that is easy to use and relatively
>>     hassle free. THAT is the real reason that so many of them have
>> been
>>     sold.
>>     I have to agree with the other comment, get an iPod. And if you
>>     don’t have one of your own, think about it. The little devices
>>     transform your relationship with music, photos, podcasts,
>> audiobooks
>>     etc. A big enough one is also great for transferring files from
>>     computer to computer.
>>     Get an iPod, your daughter will love you for it.
>
> That's silly, and not very helpful to Dan.  My Archos Jukebox presents
> itself to the computer as a simple external drive, so moving music
> back and forth is simple drag-and-drop.  The only problem is when
> trying to create playlists on the Mac; the Mac adds an extraneous
> "/Volumes/Untitled" to the path that the MP3 player doesn't
> understand, so I have to go into a text editor and delete all the
> instances of "/Volumes/Untitled".
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know anything about FAST TRAX players.  Dan,
> have you tried it on any other computers?  It may simply be defective,
> and you should return it for an exchange or refund.
>
> --
> Rich

Greetings ( + )!( + )

This may be one of those instances where the device needs to be
formatted on a WINTEL PC first before the Mac. will accept it being
plugged in to the OS Platform. When my granddaughter got her iPod we
initialized it on my Mac. and when she took it home it wouldn't work on
their WINTEL. So she had to reformat the iPod on the WINTEL and loose
all of the songs that were placed there while connected to my Mac.

After initializing the iPod on their WINTEL she was able to replace all
of her songs and when she came back to my house the iPod would connect
to my Mac. and everything worked just fine. She can also add songs to
the iPod from my Mac.

So my advice would be to connect the FAST TRAX player to a WINTEL
platform and then see if it will connect to the Mac.

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC