[G4] Quicktime MP4 problems!

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Sat Jan 13 15:14:54 PST 2007

David DelMonte wrote:
> Your video card has only 32mb of vram. You might want to upgrade that.
> First though, you might want to test other mp4 files. If they exhibit
> the same behavior, upgrade, otherwise....

Nah, the amount of video card memory shouldn't affect 2D video playback
speed; either it's enough to display a given resolution or it's not, in
which case he'd get no display at all.  It can make a difference in 3D
applications, where it's got to shift textures in and out of memory, but
this is 2D.

> On Jan 13, 2007, at 6:03 PM, Thomas J. Fobia wrote:
>
>> Richard Klein wrote:
>>>
>>> -Finally, while you're still in System Profiler, look in the last
>>> section: Startup Items.  Let us know what's listed there.
>>

>>> Heres the list:
>>
>> Apache:;
>> AppleShare:;AppServices:;AuthServer:;CrashReporter:;Disks:;FibreChannel:;
>> IFCStart:;IPServices:;Macaroni:;Metadata:;NetworkTime:;NFS:;NIS:;
>> PowerLogix Startup:;PrintingServices:;RemoteDesktopAgent:;SNMP:;Tablet:

Does anyone know what the applications Macaroni and Tablet are?  I don't
recognize them, and they aren't on my G4.

--
Rich