[G4] Mac DVD Video Editing - not as simple as it sounds

marla mitchnick mitchnickpictures at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 17:27:12 PST 2007

This is less straightforward than you may imagine, as
you would need to re-author a new DVD AFTER you have
edited out the swear words.

Other software for accessing video files from DVD's
(both free downloads) are:

MPEG Streamclip
Mac the Ripper

Once you have your files in your editing environment
and your changes are made, you have to make sure you
have the whole film back in sequence (the video TS
files are broken up into parts when you get them off
the DVD) and then you have to re-export them into iDVD
or DVD studio Pro, you will not have the same menu
that the movie had, and you may have significant
artifacting from poor compression on your image -
especially if you use consumer compression spftware.

if you are that concerned about the language, why not
just re-purchase the films from Walmart, the words
will have been already  edited out and it will save
you LOTS of time.

-Marla, video editor