[G4] stuck and need to upgrade-resend, last got sent back-WOW!

Marla mitchnickpictures at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 11:50:41 PST 2007

Wow! thanks Steve, for the level of detail of your
reply. i have some further questions for
clarification, if you don't mind:

>  I am assuming that you are using OS X.

I currently have OS 10.2.8, and apparently need a
firmware upgrade before I can upgrade my OS...

> Install the new drive inside your Mac (there should
> be room for a second hard drive), and initialize it
> with DiskUtility.

Disk Utility is separate software, I need to purchase
it, right? And is a new controller card
expensive/complicated to install?

>Then, just download CarbonCopyCloner (donation wear)
to your old drive,

can I do this download BEFORE installing the new
drive??

> yet--you may need to copy some registration
information over to the new drive).

Will my machine tell me I need specific registration
info? Or will I need to figure it out by osmosis?

Thanks a BUNCH,

Marla