[G4] stuck and need to upgrade-resend, last got sent back

Send2Rich at aol.com Send2Rich at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 05:18:41 PST 2007

Before you start changing jumpers, check your manual.    If it says that you
need to set up the drives for "cable select", you won't have to worry about
master/slave setttings or which bay the drive goes in, but you wll need to
verify that the new drive's jumpers are set to "cable select" (most new drives come
that way).

The new drive won't be usable until it's initialized.   Be sure to write the
OS 9 drivers if you want to boot into OS 9.

I've used SuperDuper! to successfully clone about 20 drives on my two G4's,
many of them involving target volumes larger than the source.

Rich

> Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:38:11 -0800
> From: John Baltutis <baltwo at san.rr.com>
> Subject: Re:  [G4] stuck and need to upgrade-resend, last got sent back

> On 01/16/07, Marla <mitchnickpictures at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I have a G4 dual 450, with over 800MB SDRam but an old
> 28Gig hardrive that is beginning to show it's years...
>

> ...Pop it into the second HD slot (see your Setting up Manual
><http://search.info.apple.com/?search=Go&lr=lang_en&kword=&type=kmanual&
newstype=&q=g4%20setting%20up> for the details), after changing the jumper
settings to slave). Use System