[G4] big hard drives-9.1?

Send2Rich at aol.com Send2Rich at aol.com
Sun Jan 21 13:20:51 PST 2007

See this thread in the Apple OS 9 discussions:
     http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=636618&#636618

Even if you add an LBA 48 compliant drive, you won't be able to boot OS 9
from any partition larger than about 190GB, which is probably much larger than
you'll ever need for OS 9 and applications.   Your data files can reside on any
mounted partition.

I've got a copy of my OS X 10.4 "Classic" OS 9 System Folder and Application
folder (no OS X) on a 20GB partition on a 400GB Seagate drive.   It boots fine
and all the applications run fine.

Rich